- You may return most new, unworn, unopened, sealed items within 10 days of delivery for a full refund less shipping charges. Some exclusions apply (see below under exclusions)
- Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer/customer.
- If the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.) we will correct the issue for you! You will be expected to return the defective or incorrect item to our offices before we ship out another item to you.
- In order to request a return please use the return order form by logging into your account on Port City Jewelers. You will request an RA number through our system. Once we receive your RA Request we will either approve or deny your return.
- You should expect to receive your refund if approved within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
- Please know that orders are processed the next business day with our vendors. Orders that are already processed with the vendor/supplier that are requested to be returned by the customer will incur a re-stocking fee that is determined by Port City Jewelers. Re-stocking fee's are based solely on the the item that was ordered.
- Orders that are processed the next business day and fall under Port City Jewelers non-refundable items cannot be cancelled nor refunded. See below.
Exclusions to our Return Policy(Non-Returnable Items):
- The following items are not available for return will have the sku prefixes of, ALIEX, DRS, STU, QG, AZ, JG, VEN , AD in the sku or item number.
- Custom Made or Custom Order Jewelry
- Any item from our "DESIGN YOUR OWN" catalog is not returnable and are final sale. This is considered custom order and special order merchandise. Please see our "Custom Jewelry Policy" below for more details.
- Artcarved Class Rings are always special order & made to order items and cannot be returned. No Exceptions. Please review your order before submitting your class ring order with Port City Jewelers.
- Items with custom engraving are not returnable. Once production is started engraved items cannot be returned.
- Moissanite Jewelry & Loose Moissanite Stones are special order and or made to order and are not returnable.
- NEO Moissanite Loose Stones are special order and not returnable.
- Eternal Moissanite Loose Stones are cut to order and are non-returnable.
- Invoices sent VIA PayPal and paid are not returnable. We send invoices out for custom designed / made to order items. Once we recieve payment we will start on your item and it is not returnable. No exceptions
- Order Cancellations are allowed within 24 hours of the initial order for above items in our "Exclusions to our return policy [non-returnable items]". After that we cannot cancel/refund your order. No exceptions.
Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Custom Jewelry Policy:
- Jewelry pieces that were created as a custom design, custom commission, or special order basis are not returnable or refundable. If an item falls under Port City Jeweler's "Custom Jewelry Policy" then we will notate that in the items description on our website in the "description field" of the item, email conversations or invoice sent to you.
- Please know all handmade jewelry will differ slightly due to natural variations and may include minor differences in the stone color and shape. Additionally, because we create all of our designs using computer-aided design (CAD) software and the renders you receive are enlarged images of your piece, there is a chance that your actual jewelry's scale may differ from your expectations. Please contact us with any questions you may have.
Cancellations Before Your Item Ships:
- We understand sometimes things happen and should you need to cancel your order. We allow order cancellations within 24 hours of the purchase when paid in full. Cancellations will not be accepted after the first 24 hours.
- At times we offer Lay-A-Way for our designs to help spread out the payments. Port City Jewelers will not start on your design until the Lay-A-Way is paid in full. After the Lay-A-Way is paid in full we will then after 24 hours begin to order materials for your design. At this point in the process your custom design is not refundable.
Delivery & Shipping Policy For Custom Items
- An estimate of delivery time will be discussed at the time you place your order. Port City Jewelers ships all our custom designed jewelry using insured shipping from either FedEx or UPS.
- Shipping times may vary depending on your location. For international orders, our insured shipping carrier has shipping restrictions for certain countries. Please verify your shipping location when you place your order.
- Additionally, for international orders, your country's customs department may impose customs fees, import duties, taxes, and other applicable charges to your order. Port City Jewelers is not responsible for any of these customs department fees or taxes.
- If you need to ship any jewelry or loose stones to our studio, we recommend that you use insured shipping from an official carrier such as USPS, FedEx, and UPS, and hold onto your original shipping receipt. Please make sure your jewelry and loose stones are packaged securely as Port City Jewelers is not responsible for any items you ship to us that are lost, damaged, or stolen in transit. The customer is also responsible for the delivery and return shipping costs of their jewelry.
Coupon Codes & Discounts:
Coupon Codes are not active on all products. However your coupon code will work on most of our products. Some of our vendors do not allow coupons or discounts on their product lines.
The following collections and brands do not allow coupons or discounts:
- JG Collection
- Artcarved Class Rings
- Swiss Army
- FREE Jewelry Selection
- Seiko Watches
- DESIGN YOUR OWN Jewelry Catalog
- Masonic Jewelry
- Some but not all Moissanite Jewelry and Loose Stones
- NEO Moissanite Loose Stones. Our prices are already lower than all the competition
- Eternal Moissanite jewelry & Loose Stones. This is our brand of Moissanite and is exclusive to Port City Jewelers. We do not offer additional discounts as the loose stones or jewelry as they are already 25% less on average than other brands on the market.
Some but not all items purchased from Port City Jewelers will have either a manufacture warranty or a Port City Jeweler's warranty. Each item will carry its own warranty period and or vendor warranty. Port City Jewelers takes every effort to disclose which items are covered under these warranties but mistakes do happen. Port City Jewelers takes no responsibility for any manufacture defects that may occur or damages do to mis-use, abuse, scratching, turning, allergic reactions, loss of stones, bent or broken prongs, loose stones, discolored gemstones due to chemical reactions, and any circumstance not do to manufacture defects. Most all jewelry purchased from Port City Jewelers can be repaired. Sometimes jewelry is broken beyond repair and will require to be scrapped. If you would like to know if an item can be repaired please contact us be email us with a brief description of the item and what is wrong with your item. Also please include in focus pictures of your item in different angles so we can determine if the item is repairable.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us VIA email.
If you would like to know if an item has a warranty please contact us.
1st Year Complimentary Warranty: (Applies to Moissanite Jewelry Only - As of January 28th 2018)
Our complimentary 1 Year Warranty Promise guarantees that your ring will stay as beautiful as the first day you slipped it on your finger. Work performed by another jeweler will void this warranty.
- Prongs checked for thinning and tightness.
- Stones checked for security.
- Mounting checked for roundness (shape)
- Polishing to restore brilliance (Free Of Charge)
- Ultrasonic and streaming to remove debris and oil (Free Of Charge)
**Retuned Shipping cost/fee's is not covered under our warranty terms
If you believe your jewelry has a workmanship defect, please contact us as soon as possible. We will evaluate your piece, and if the damage is covered by our warranty, we will gladly repair your piece for no additional cost. For instructions and conditions on returning items for repair please email us at email@example.com or call us at 910-338-9751 (Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm EST). Please know that normal wear and tear is not considered "workmanship defects" and is not covered under our 1 year warranty.
We will replace, free of charge for the first year of purchase, any small accent stones smaller than .10 or 3mm which includes; diamonds, emeralds, rubies, sapphires, or other colored stones if they chip, break, or are lost from their original setting. In order for your diamond and gemstone guarantee to remain in effect, you must have your jewelry repaired by Port City Jewelers. Work performed by other 3rd parties will void all warranties! Shipping to and from Port City Jewelers is the responsibility of the customer.
In order for your warranty to remain in effect, you must have your jewelry inspected and documented every six months with Port City Jewelers. We will place notes in your account of each inspection as documentation.
Our warranty does not cover damage due to normal wear and tear, center stones, product loss, or theft. We recommend you insure your jewelry with your insurance company for this type of coverage and your peace of mind. If you require an appraisal for your insurance company, please contact us, and we would be happy to provide one for you. Our appraisal's are for insurance purposes and will have a $95.00 fee attached to it.
EXTENDED WARRANTY & EXTENDED WARRANTIES: (Moissanite Jewelry Only) AS OF January 31st 2018
Extended warranty coverage for qualified Moissanite jewelry is available in “1-Year” and “5 Year” terms, but must be purchased at the time of sale. Please note that the eligibility for the extended warranty coverage is limited to the terms detailed below. Extended Warranties are not refundable for any reason. Port City Jewelers 1 Year Complimentary Warranty is valid for all "new customers" after January 31st 2018.
JEWELRY ITEMS ELIGiBLE FOR OUR EXTENDED WARRANTY:
- Finished & Custom Made To Order Jewelry Items
- Pre-Made Jewelry & Custom Order Jewelry
- Moissanite Jewelry
WHAT IS COVERED:
- Prong Tightening
- Loose Stones
- Refinishing & Polishing (Included Rhodium Plating for White Gold Items). Up To 2 refinishes / polishes during the term of your warranty.
- Replacement Of Accents Stones up to .10CTs or 3mm. The Center stone/Gem Or Main Stone is not considered an accent gem.
- Straighten or Rounding Out Bent Shanks
WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
- Bent Prongs Not Due To Normal Wear And Tear
- Thinning Shanks or Re-Shanking
- Re-Sizing Rings or Jewelry up or down
- Replacement Of Accents Stones Larger than .10cts or 3mm
- Misuse Or Abuse Not Caused By Normal Wear & Tear. Port City Jewelers Reserves The Right To Deny A Claim Due To Misuse & Abuse.
- Damage caused by accident, abuse and misuse. Port City Jewelers "normal wear and tear” definition does not include merchandise that can be described as majorly damaged, dented, chipped, bent, broken, burnt, melted, altered, detached, smashed, disconnected, shattered, cracked, and other similar conditions alike. Jewelry serviced by a 3rd party (Port City Jewelers®) immediately voids the warranty.
- Loose Stone Sells
SHIPPING TO AND FROM:
Customers with items under warranty must contact Port City Jewelers to receive a authorization number prior to shipping in jewelry for maintenance that falls under our warranty. Domestic (USA) members are responsible for all shipments when sending in jewelry for warranty maintenance, and $20.00 shipping and handling for Port City Jewelers to ship it back when the service is complete.
International members (outside of the USA) is responsible for shipping to and from and must contact Port City Jewelers prior to sending in your warrantied merchandise for repair to obtain an authorization number. Shipping your item(s) is the responsibility of the customer! Port City Jewelers does not take responsibility for lost shipments back to us for repair. There will be a shipping fee charge to the customer for returned shipping. This fee is calculated by FedEx at the current rate depending on your location.
Turnaround time for a warranty claim or repair will be 15 Business Days (Monday - Friday). Please know that in some instances repair times may be longer if parts are needed or special cut stones are needed for the repair.
Once payment is processed & approved we will begin to process your order. Payments made with PayPal's E-Check will take longer to clear. It usually takes 6-8 business days for your e-check to clear. We will not begin to process orders made by PayPal E-Check until payment has cleared. No Exceptions. If you pay other than PayPal with our secure credit card processor we will also wait for payment to clear, usually 2 business days before we process your order.
Payment VIA PayPal; orders will be placed right away.
Port City Jewelers reserves the right to cancel orders they feel may be fraudulent. We may ask you email us documentation proving you are who you say you are after the purchase. Orders we feel that are fraudulent orders will be refunded right away.
Orders placed after 3PM Eastern Standard Time will be processed the next business day.
Business days are Monday-Friday.
Here are some helpful suggestions if you receive one of the following error messages when you check out:
If you receive this error, please ensure there are no typos or spaces in the code. This is required for fraud prevention and for your protection.
If you receive this message after you have attempted to submit your order, you may want to check the following:
- Verify that your billing address on your credit card bill is EXACTLY the same as you have entered. Check for typos or misspellings with your name, street address, city, state, and zip code.
- Call your issuing bank to ensure that your bank has recently updated their online transaction database. In some cases, the address they have entered into their online address verification system is outdated.
- You may want to try an old address, because in some cases, it takes awhile for banks to update their information. Addresses up to two years old can be authorized successfully.
** Please be aware that with each submission, you may place another hold on your funds for the total amount of the order. In many cases, submission with a valid credit card number with an incorrect billing address will still result in a hold on your account. If this occurs, please note that those authorizations will drop off your account within 2 - 4 business days depending on your issuing bank. Please contact your bank for further questions.
On rare occasions, the issuing bank verification system or our partner online verification system is down. At these times, no authorizations or transactions can be processed. Please note that these outages can last for a few minutes to an hour. No authorizations or holds on your funds will be processed and nothing will be charged to your card.
Out of Stock items:
You will be notified of out of stock items. We try our best to keep an inventory count of items on hand in inventory and with our vendors but occasionally mistakes do happen after you order. If this is the case we can proceed with ordering your item and place it on back order or refunding your money. if you decide you do not want to wait for us to special order or back order the item purchased please let us know asap.
We use high-grade, 256-bit encryption Secure Sockets Layer [SSL] protocol for all online transactions. All customer information is encrypted and transmitted securely! Once you reach the checkout screen where you will enter your credit card information our website will change to our SSL secure checkout screen. Port City Jewelers does not keep credit card information on file nor do we ever see your credit card information. All credit card transactions are handled by PayPal and Authorize.net.
Our website is hosted in a state of the art data center in the United States. This data center offers 24/7 N+1 redundant environmental controls, as well as 24-hour monitoring via closed circuit television, and additional stringent physical security with card and biometric readers. The facility also has a UPS backup power system in case of an emergency and, in the event of an extended power failure, diesel generators allow for a combined capacity of 12 megawatts. Critical redundancy is provided by multiple major bandwidth providers and multiple Gigabit Ethernet circuits. This location also boasts three carrier entry points, for additional levels of redundancy and reliability
We are also 100% Secure & Safe. This can be verified through our standard/desktop site and by clicking the small McAfee logo towards the bottom right of our site. Our site is tested daily up to 100 times!
We MUST charge 6.75% sales tax to all North Carolina residents. If your billing/shipping address is in North Carolina, you will be charged sales tax. We do not charge sales tax to customers with billing addresses outside North Carolina.
Jewelry imported to Canada is subject to the Goods and Services tax [GST] of 6%. We do not collect this tax on behalf of the Canadian Border Services Agency [CBSA]. Our Canadian customers must pay this tax and any other applicable fees [customs duties, taxes and custom brokerage fees] when jewelry is received. All such taxes, duties and fees are the sole responsibility of our Canadian customers.
For more information, please visit this website: Canadian Border Services Agency
All other international orders may require duties & taxes. Port City Jewelers will not be responsible for taxes or duties.
If your jewelry requires repair, please submit your inquiry via email and we'll reply within 1-2 business days. Many of the items we sell have generous manufacturer warranties. Be aware that most repairs will take time to complete. Contact us with any questions you may have.
Despite our efforts, a small number of the items on our web site may be incorrectly priced. If a product is listed at the wrong price due to typographical, photographic, or technical error or error in pricing information received from our suppliers, Port City Jewelers retains the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for such product listed at the incorrect price.
If an item's correct price is lower than our listed price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item.
If an item's correct price is higher than our listed price, we will cancel your order and notify you of the price error and order cancellation. You may, of course, purchase the item at the correct price.
QUARTER dimensions: 24.26mm - diameter 1.75mm - thickness