Trouble Checking Out?
Most Common Issues:
1) You have spent your daily limit with your bank card (Most likely a debit card). Most banks now a days will have a daily spending limit on the amount you can spend/withdraw daily.
This is even true for joint accounts. Most of the time you the customer are un-aware of this until you try to make a larger purchase. SOLUTION: Call your bank and ask them to raise your limit for 24 hours to cover the cost of the item you are trying to purchase. This usually only takes about 5-10 minutes. The number you should call is the phone number found on the back of your credit/debit card. After this you should have no problems.
2) Some banks will not recognize the merchant you are shopping with online and will attempt to protect your account from fraudulent purchases. You have no worries when shopping with Port City Jewlers. All your credit card information is encrypted and secured by Authoize.net. You can also call the number of the back of your card and alert them that you are making the purchase at Port City Jewelers.
3) If you are using our Credit Card Merchant and you keep getting an error message, please try and use paypal as your payment option. You do not need a Paypal account in order to pay with Paypal. Just choose PayPal as your payment option. PayPal will re-direct you to their website to process the payment. Choose Pay with your own credit card. Process your payment. Once payment is processed, PayPal will then re-direct you back to our website.
4) "The CSC/CVN (Card Security Code/Card Verification Number) Code you have provided does not match the code on your credit card." If you receive this error, please ensure there are no typos or spaces in the code. This is required for fraud prevention and for your protection.
- Verify that your billing address on your credit card bill is EXACTLY the same as you have entered. Check for typos or misspellings with your name, street address, city, state, and zip code.
- Call your issuing bank to ensure that your bank has recently updated their online transaction database. In some cases, the address they have entered into their online address verification system is outdated.
- You may want to try an old address, because in some cases, it takes awhile for banks to update their information. Addresses up to two years old can be authorized successfully.
** Please be aware that with each submission, you may place another hold on your funds for the total amount of the order. In many cases, submission with a valid credit card number with an incorrect billing address will still result in a hold on your account. If this occurs, please note that those authorizations will drop off your account within 2 - 4 business days depending on your issuing bank. Please contact your bank for further questions.
- On rare occasions, the issuing bank verification system or our partner online verification system is down. At these times, no authorizations or transactions can be processed. Please note that these outages can last for a few minutes to an hour. No authorizations or holds on your funds will be processed and nothing will be charged to your card. If this occurs, please call us at 910-338-9751, LIVE CHAT with us (Desktop Mode Only) or eMail us at Sales@PortCityJewelers.Com.
If any one of these solutions does not work then please feel free to contact us and we will see what we can do to help. As always, thank you for shopping with Port City Jewelers.
910-338-9751 Monday - Friday 10am-5pm EST Time
We also offer LIVE CHAT. Desktop mode only. LIVE CHAT does not work on mobile devices at this time.
Email us at: